Saturday, December 18, 2010

Come back to reality

When i was a kid, i have many imaginary worlds. In these world, i have things that i can't have in reality. In these world i can fly and even have super powers. I'm always happy there doing what i want and having what i can't have. Now that i'm "mature", i know that the reason i did that was because i wanted to run away from my reality and so, i created my own world. My "real world" isn't that perfect and its hard especially when i was a kid.

That was the past. Now im 22 years old and have grown a lot. Mentally i'm getting mature and my faith in Christ is getting more and more stronger than before.

However, sadly to say, I still create my own world now but this time it is different. This world is only in youth gatherings and i talk mostly about "Spiritual" things with my fellow friends, especially my "special" friends. I'm so happy and comfortable being there that i deny myself from my real life that i have to face especially as a student.
 
 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. ~James 1:22 (KJV)

I forgot that these faith that i have is for me to live my real life in a Christian way. Then in the month of October i had this "message" from God saying, "Come Back To Reality!". I was again living in a "dream world". I realize that my real life is not only talking bout God, but living the life as a man of God. I do know before that i was avoiding "student" life, that i have to study n everything (and with my duty with "other" friends), but knowing isn't enough without the "ACTION!". What good is knowledge without applying it? As Derek said, "Knowledge is Power" is wrong, but the correct one is, "Application of Knowledge is Power".

In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. ~ James 2:17

In my real world, things are not that perfect, i get hurt always, i have to do "work hard", people may not be kind to me, but the different from last time and now is that i have Jesus! My faith is stronger and when He is with me, i see things in a different perspective, a beautiful one. The way i think is different, more wise according to the knowledge that He has given me. ACT! AND FACE THE REALITY! that is the action that i should do.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ ~ Matthew 25:35-36

During the holidays, i encountered a few of those who are hungry, poor, stranger and homeless, i hesitated to help ( i can't believe that i actually did think that i don't want to help them, and people was saying they are just lying, don't help them ). Saying the verse to other people was so damn easy, but when facing the real situation, these words are meaningless unless i do something bout it (IT'S VERY HARD) but i'm happy to say that in the end i did alright. 

I'm still struggling though, well we all are right? We will keep on struggling until we breath the last air in our lungs. We have a big advantage though. Want to know why? Because we have Jesus the Son of the Living God! and He is With Us. Wuhooo...HAPPY...HAPPY...HAPPY...Amen.

^^)v no war

No comments:

Post a Comment